uppose you have a PS4 and you want a better experience. You want to include sounds and really go into the game. However, since not everyone is so lucky to live alone, most of us need to care for other people too. So, the question is could you get your experience and still be considerate to others?
If you try to connect regular headphones with a cable, you might feel a bit limited to move. So, one good option is to connect your AirPods (of course, if you have one). However, syncing AirPods to PS4 or any other console is not as easy as it sounds. The PlayStation itself doesn’t support Bluetooth natively. You might find setup a bit difficult, yet not impossible.
I would like to show you how to use third-party devices and maximize your gaming experience without anyone else being interrupted.
Third-party dongle adapters
If you simply try to connect your AirPods to PS4, it won’t work. Since PS doesn’t have Bluetooth, it won’t recognize AirPods or any other Bluetooth device.
Now, to resolve this issue, you can use third-party receivers or dongles. You have at your disposal many different kinds from many different manufacturers.
We can recommend you Avantree DG40S as one of the best for its price. This dongle supports not just headphones but also a mouse, keyboard, and practically any Bluetooth device. It makes it multifunctional and extending its use. The device can be found on the official website of the manufacturer for $11.99.
Another good option to try is ASUS USB-BT400. The price is a little bit higher; it can be found for $14.99 on Amazon. However, since we all know who ASUS is, it’s worth the money.
Until we get a patch that will help us overcome the issue, we will simply have to deal with USB ports.
How to pair AirPods and the receiver
Once you bought your receiver, the question is how to pair it with your AirPods. Follow the steps below.
- Insert the receiver into PS4 (most likely, you will see the light that indicates connection)
- Tap on the sync button and open AirPods case
- Press the button on the back of the case
- If your dongle has a light, it will clearly indicate pairing and stop lightning once devices are paired
- If you have AUX 3.5mm, insert it into the controller after pairing devices
- After the devices are successfully paired, go to Settings on your console
- Navigate to Devices > Audio Devices
- Go to Input Devices and set it to Headset Connected to Controller
- The Output device should be USB Headphones or USB Audio Device
- Set Outputs to Headphones and select All Devices
That would be it. Now you should be able to use your AirPods for PS4 without any issues. Note that some steps may vary based on the device you bought, but the point remains the same.